Blue Orchid Tattoo Healing Steps
It is important to remember with any tattoo you must always have clean hands!
- Wash Your Hands FIRST
- When Removing the Tagaderm Bandange:
A) Soak the bandage with a warm wet cloth for 5 minutes prior to removal.
B) Carefully peel away the tagaderm bandage from your body
C) Wash the tattoo 2 times a day for a minimum of 2 weeks. After the majority of the tattoo has been healed (1-2 weeks) you may reduce the washing to once a day until the tattoo is fully healed (6-8 weeks)
- Wet the tattoo with clean water
- Gently lather with a mild soap - no fragrance / antibacterial / or antiseptic ingredients.
- Only use your hands to wash your tattoo DO NOT use a washcloth - this can pull at the scabbing and take longer to heal.
- Rinse your tattoo well with warm water.
- Apply a thin layer of cream provided to you to the tattoo and rub in gently. let the excess air dry.
Always use clean bedding and clothing when protecting the tattoo.
Tips for Sleeping:
- Use a clean piece of clothing or paper towel for the first 3 nights. If bloord or the tattoo sticks to anythign DO NOT pull it off - soak the stuck material until it comes off with ease.
- The tattoo will dry out, peel and flake. These are NORMAL healing processes for the body.
List Of DO NOTs:
- Do not soak the tattoo with liquids or water - no hot tubs, baths, swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, salt / fresh water etc. for a minimum of 30 days. The only water contact should be washing.
- Do not apply anything else to the tattoo other than what has been provided to you by the artist and that they have given instructions on how to use the product.
- No Alcohol products - No Peroxide - No Questionable Lotions, creams or sprays - absolutely NO Unsanitary clothing or materials/objects.
- Do Not rub, pick or scratch the tattoo. Do Not touch the tattoo unless you are washing and/or applying cream with freshly washed hands.
- Do Not starve the tattoo of fresh air. Using too much cream can starve the tattoo of air as well. Expose tattoo to clean air as often as possible.
- Do Not let blood dry on the tattoo.
- Do Not let blood dry into any clothing/bandages covering the tattoo. Do Not use any clothing/bandages that will stick to the tattoo.
- Do Not drink alcohol for 24 hours before or afer the tattoo is applied. Alcohol thins blood causing more bleeding, which will draw more of the tattoo's pigment out of your skin. Avoid tanning beds for at least 6 weeks and when tanning use a quality sunscreen (SPF 45) on the tattoo.
- Do Not share cream with ANYONE.